Check out the calendar to find an event or a training opportunity. Look for our 5K and Dine for Day One, to take a stand against sexual violence.
Training Spotlight: Helpline Advocate Training
Become a Helpline Advocate to support victims in their time of need. Day One offer comprehensive 30+ hour training to prepare volunteers to meet with survivors and offer support at hospitals and police departments around the state.
We are always looking for more people to join our Helpline team! Volunteer advocates provide support, information, and referrals to survivors at hospitals and police stations throughout Rhode Island. Our 30+ hour training program will provide the skills, knowledge, and confidence to work with victims of all ages.
- Helpline volunteers must be 18 years old with a valid driver's license and a car, pass a criminal background check, and complete all 30 hours of the training.
For more information, please contact:
(401) 421-4100 Ext. 104
Day One offers training that is open to the public and offered in various locations.
- Day One Programs and Services
- Sexual Assault 101
- Human Trafficking 101
- Law and Legal
- VINE/Office of Victim Services
- Communicating with Victims
- Hate Crimes
- Cultural Competency
- Helpline Volunteer Advocacy
- Underserved Populations
- Mandated Reporting
- Interpersonal Violence/Domestic Violence
- 30 hour Helpline Training
- Vicarious Trauma
- Child Sexual Abuse Materials Awareness
The following training programs are offered regularly for first responders.
- Screening for Violence
Law Enforcement Officer Training
- VAWA Curriculum Committee Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Police Training
Request a Workshop or Training
If you would like to schedule, complete the request form to get in touch with one of our educational staff members.
Attend one of our annual events to show your support! Each year, Day One hosts special events as fundraisers for the important work we do. Come enjoy the fun with us and contribute to the cause through our Annual 5K and Dine for Day One events.
Local Business Fundraisers
Day One is fortunate to have the support of many local businesses who hold fundraisers and donate proceeds from purchases. If your business would like to hold a fundraiser for Day One please contact us today!