Find information about the issue of sexual violence and steps you can take.
Facts & Statistics
Access evidence-based facts and statistics from credible sources. For a few quick facts, check out our Facts & Stats Reference Sheet.
RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. Partnering with thousands of service providers, they provide programs and expertise in victim services, public education, public policy, and consulting and training. RAINN offers statistics on a variety of specific categories related to sexual assault topics. Learn more here.
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center promotes research and creates resources to share with the public. Check out the Statistics and publications for more.
With a shared vision of a world free from child sexual abuse, Darkness to Light empowers people to prevent child sexual abuse. Darkness to Light offers facts and statistics about child sexual abuse, including risk factors and consequences for survivors. You can also view a Full PDF Version of their statistics.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children … offers a “comprehensive library of NCMEC case data and publications pertaining to missing and exploited children’s issues.” View the NCMEC Data for numbers and resources.
Resources for Parents and Caregivers
- Body Safety
- Online Safety
- The Talk
- How to Talk to Your Child about Abuse and Violence
- Talking to Preschoolers about Sexual Abuse
- Talking to Your Adolescent About Sexual Abuse
- Guía de seguridad en línea
- La Conversación
- Como Hablarle a Su Hijo Acerca de Abuso y Violencia
- Como Hablarle a un Nino Sobre Abuso Sexual
- Hablando con Sus Adolescentes Sobre Abuso Sexual
Sexual Assault Materials
- Sexual Harassment
- What to Do If You Have Been Abused
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Put me in the driver's seat - A roadmap to person-centered planning